Flor García was born in the Basque Country and moved to Barcelona in 1991.
She has been working as an illustrator since 1996, mostly focussing on children books and magazine illustration.
She studied Fine Arts at the University of the Basque Country and completed her post-doc in Illustration at Escola Massana and Llotja Art & Design School in Barcelona.
She has taught art and illustration at important schools throughout Catalonia.
Flor García is represented in Spain by Building Books literary agency.
SELECTION OF PUBLISHED BOOKS
– Els cais de les sirenes (The Manatees Keys), by Margarida Aritzeta,
– Lola Amapola (Lola Poppy), by Elisa Ramon, San Pablo 2013
– Las mil y una noches (Arabian Nights), adapted by Anna Gasol
and Teresa Blanch, Teide 2009
– La Clementina vol unes botes (Clementine wants some boots),
by Eugènia Curto, Cadí 2009
– La sirenita (The little mermaid), adapted by Anna Gasol and Teresa Blanch,
– David Copperfield, adapted by Anna Gasol, Teide 2007
Cuadernos de pedagogía (Journal of Pedagogy), 2003-2016
Descobrir Catalunya (Discovering Catalonia), 2013-2015
Tu bebé (Your baby), 1999-2006
El ciervo (The deer), 2007